In case you missed it – Here’s a recap from some of our Falcon sports teams results from the past week.
Send sports scores, game summaries, and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/17: Foster (1) vs. Angleton (0)
Kacie Pryor threw a gem on Tuesday for Foster Falcons Varsity, allowing zero runs and besting Angleton by a score of 1-0. The pitching was strong on both sides. Pryor went seven innings, allowing zero runs on five hits, striking out 12 and walking one. Foster Falcons Varsity racked up seven hits in the game. Alyssa Muceus and Bria Tovar all managed multiple hits for Foster Falcons Varsity. Tovar and Muceus all had two hits to lead Foster Falcons Varsity.
4/20: Foster (10) vs. Lamar Consolidated (0)
It was Senior Night for the Lady Falcons. Congratulations to Seniors Kaitlyn Reinecke (Odessa College), Bria Tovar (Kilgore College), Kacie Pryor (Texas A&M), and Alexis Lesak (Texas State).
15 batters came up against Kacie Pryor and not a single one could touch her. A perfect game led Foster Falcons Varsity past Lamar 10-0 on Friday. Pryor struck out #14 to end the game.
Kylie Neel led Foster Falcons Varsity to victory by driving in four runs. She went 3-for-3 at the plate. Neel drove in runs on a single in the first, a double in the second, and a single in the fourth. In the first inning, Foster Falcons Varsity got their offense started when Pryor singled on a 1-0 count, scoring one run. Foster Falcons Varsity big bats in the fourth inning were led by Neel, Alyssa Muceus, and Cici Mata, all driving in runs in the inning. Pryor got the start for Foster Falcons Varsity. She surrendered zero runs on zero hits over five innings, striking out 12 and walking zero. Foster Falcons Varsity hit two home runs on the day. Muceus had a long ball in the fourth inning. Alexis Lesak went yard in the second inning. Foster Falcons Varsity tallied nine hits in the game. Neel and Pryor all had multiple hits for Foster Falcons Varsity. Foster Falcons Varsity was sure-handed and didn’t commit a single error.
The Lady Falcons softball team is tied for first place in district. They will face Angleton in a tie-breaker game on Monday, April 23rd at 6:00 PM at George Ranch High School. Come support the team as they look to defend their district title!
Foster JV Softball
4/20: Foster (15) vs. Lamar Consolidated (0)
JV Softball took care of business in three innings against Lamar Consolidated. Jordan Lesak was in the circle allowing one hit and striking out five. Kenzie Layman went 3-for-3 at bat driving in seven runs. Jordan Lesak and Caroline O’Driscoll each went 2-for-2 at the plate.
4/17: Foster (7) vs. Angleton (4)
Foster Falcon Varsity weathered a push by Angleton in the first inning where Foster Falcon Varsity coughed up three runs, but Foster Falcon Varsity still won 7-4 on Tuesday. Thomas Brannon, Chase Morris, and Tanner Davis each had RBIs in the big inning. Foster Falcon Varsity got things moving in the first inning scoring two runs when Zach Limas homered. Foster Falcon Varsity pulled away for good with two runs in the third inning. In the third Colt Terpstra doubled on a 2-2 count, scoring one run and Hunter Genenbacher doubled on a 3-2 count, scoring one run. Matthew O’Driscoll was the winning pitcher for Foster Falcon Varsity. He allowed one hit and zero runs over three innings, striking out three and walking one. Connor Korczynski threw one inning in relief out of the bullpen. Korczynski recorded the last three outs to earn the save for Foster Falcon Varsity. Cade Sitka started the game for Foster Falcon Varsity. He allowed four hits and four runs over three innings, striking out two. Foster Falcon Varsity totaled 12 hits. Terpstra, Limas, and Sitka all managed multiple hits for Foster Falcon Varsity. Limas and Terpstra each collected three hits to lead Foster Falcon Varsity.
4/20: Foster (9) vs. Lamar Consolidated (1)
Foster Falcon Varsity defeated Lamar Consolidated 9-1 on Friday thanks to five runs in the sixth inning. Quinton Oliver and Austin McDade powered the big inning with RBIs. Foster Falcon Varsity fired up the offense in the second inning. Zach Schroeder’s sac fly scored one run for Foster Falcon Varsity. Foster Falcon Varsity pulled away for good with three runs in the fourth inning. In the fourth McDade doubled on a 3-1 count, scoring one run, Preston Wilson induced Schroeder to hit into a fielder’s choice, but one run scored, and Blake Barber tripled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run. Foster Falcon Varsity notched five runs in the sixth inning. Oliver and McDade each had RBIs in the frame. Shea Sliva-Wynne was the winning pitcher for Foster Falcon Varsity. He surrendered one run on one hit over four innings, striking out one. Tate Hackler threw three innings in relief out of the bullpen. Hackler recorded the last nine outs to earn the save for Foster Falcon Varsity. Chance Van Cleave led Foster Falcon Varsity with two hits in three at bats.
JV Gold Baseball
4/17: Foster JV Gold (12) vs. Angleton (2)
Foster Falcons JV had no trouble on offense today, winning big over Angleton Wildcats JV 12-2
Chase Albright earned the victory on the pitcher’s mound for Foster Falcons JV. He allowed three hits and two runs over five innings, striking out nine. Brandon Whipple started the game for Angleton Wildcats JV. He allowed nine hits and eight runs over three and a third innings, striking out three and walking one. Tyler Killion threw one and one-third innings in relief. Foster Falcons JV racked up 12 hits in the game. Nick Mota, Eric Estrella, and Sean Kelly each racked up multiple hits for Foster Falcons JV. Mota led Foster Falcons JV with three hits in four at bats. Foster Falcons JV was sure-handed in the field and didn’t commit a single error.
4/20: Foster JV Gold (6) vs. Lamar Consolidated (0)
Three pitchers combined to throw a shutout in the Foster Falcons JV win. John Downer induced a groundout from Tristan Cotton to finish off the game. Ryan Balusek took the win for Foster Falcons JV. He allowed two hits and zero runs over two innings, striking out one and walking one. Downer and Jake Capel entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief. Logan Stanton, Sean Kelly, Joseph Guerra, Dj Harris, Walker Ashley, Case Parker, Marcus Mehaffey, Chase Albright, and Downer each managed one hit to lead Foster Falcons JV.
4/18: Region IV-5A Tennis Championships
The Foster tennis season ended on Wednesday at the regional tournament in San Antonio.
- The Barron sisters won their first round 6-0, 6-0.
- Joseph and Anthony win first round 6-0, 6-0.
- Jeremy and Ethan defeated Floresville in their opening round of boy’s doubles.
Foster Men’s Track
4/20: Area Track Meet:
Foster Men’s Track is Area Champions!
- Congrats to Freshmen Caden Cunningham Area Champion in the 3200m!!
- Michael Maves wins 1st in Shot Put!
- Congrats to Amryn Williams on getting 2nd Place and qualifying for Regional’s!
- The 4 x 100m Relay of Smith, Asenuga, Ahmed, and Young run a season best time, get 2nd Place and qualify for Regional’s!
- CLEAN SWEEP in the 800m Run. Williams 1st Place, Cobbin 2nd Place and Wise 3rd Place.
- 2ND CLEAN SWEEP ALERT in the 1600m with Cunningham 1st, Melatcheli 2nd, and Wise 3rd.
- Shout out to Wesley Asenuga being the fastest man in Area winning 1st in the 100m!
Foster Women’s Track
4/20: Area Track Meet:
Foster Women’s Track is Area Champions!
4/20: Area Track Meet
- Alicia Blanton 2 gold medals today in Long and triple jump!
- Maddie Maves 2nd in Pole Vault today at area meet!
- Macie Ellis 4th in 3200 meters!
- Katie Wise 3rd in 800, Ife Chris-Rotimi wins the area meet with a 2:22 a new PR for Ife!
- 100 meter hurdles: Maddie Maves 3rd and Brittyne LaMothe 2nd! Awesome performance ladies!
- Tia Murray area champ 100 meters!
- 4 x 200 qualifies for regional meet! Alexis Blanton, Alicia Blanton, Jonisha Williams and Hope Liddell!
- Brittyne (2nd) and Maddie (3rd) once again in 300 meter hurdles!
- 2nd Place for Tia in the 200!
- Maddie Ellis headed to Regional’s in the 1600 meters!
- Foster Womens 4 x 400 Area Champs! Brittyne LaMothe, Tia Murray, Hope Liddell and IFe Chris- Rotimi! Great job ladies!
Foster Water Polo
Foster Boys and Girls Water Polo are both Region Champions and heading to TISCA State Water Polo Tournament at UT in 2 weeks!!
4/19-20: Region III-South (Houston) Qualifying Water Polo Tournament Results:
- Foster Girls are Region Champions defeating Brazoswood 6-4. Way to go girls!
- Our 2nd BIG congratulations of the day to the Foster Boys who defeated a very good Friendswood team in overtime. Both boys and girls are headed to state!
- Foster Girls Water Polo team for qualifying for the TISCA State Water Polo Tournament. They defeated Friendswood 17-1 to be the first team in Foster Water Polo history to qualify for state.
- Foster Boys defeat Clear Falls 21-5 in the 2nd round of Region.
- 2nd Round of Region Foster Girls 9 Clear Creek 8. Way to go girls!