It’s almost football time! I wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page as far as the summer calendar as it relates to football.
Attached you will find:
Please share with your son on what it will take to win a District Championship, but most importantly a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! We will need hard work, dedication, and a team effort if we are going to reach our goals. The summer is the BEST time to start preparing for it!
Here are some important dates from the attached documents:
- June 17th – August 1st: Strength and Conditioning Camp (SAC) starts. It goes for 6 weeks from Monday to Thursday. There is only one session from 8 am to 10 am. You can bring your paperwork with you when you come if you haven’t turned it in already. SAC camps cost $50.00 for the 6-week session. Remember you must have a physical on file. This is HUGE – we have to get bigger, faster and stronger!!!
- July 3, 4, 9, 10, 22, 23 – Weight Room Closed – The are days that the UIL states the we must be closed and no SAC camp.
- Football Skills Days: The UIL has allowed 2 hours a week for football skill development. It is a mini-practice. We will work football skills and drills during this time. It will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30-11:30am. See June/July calendar for specific dates.
- August 1st – SAC Camp Ends
- August 5th – Football practice starts FOR INCOMING 9TH GRADERS ONLY from 5pm-8pm. Practice is from 5 pm -8 pm all week long.
- August 12th – Football practice starts FOR VARSITY AND JV from 5pm-8pm. 9th grade will continue to practice is from 5 pm -8 pm all week long.
- August 14th: All teams practice from 8am-11am due to a teacher in-service that evening that all coaches must attend.
- August 19th –Practice times will be from 5 pm to 8 pm for ALL TEAMS because of teacher in-services. All practices this week will be full pads workouts.
- August 23rd – Scrimmage vs. Cypress Creek HS at Foster HS. See schedule for more information.
- August 24th – Varsity practice only. 8 am to 11 am.
- August 26th – First Day of School. Regular Practice from 4 pm to 7 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 3rd: Labor day: Varsity ONLY Practice from 8am-11am
I hope this information guides you and your family to have an outstanding summer. We hope that the players are ready to have a GREAT season this fall! I am around all summer, so please don’t hesitate to call or email me at any time.